Your guide will show you the proper techniques and help you land these beast like a pro whether drifting over sandy flats or anchoring over structure.
Salmon Fishing Charter
Embark on an exciting salmon fishing adventure in Ketchikan
- 4Hr - 24' Boat Starting price
- 6Hr - 24' Boat Starting price
- 4hr - 32' Boat Starting price
- 6Hr - 32' Boat Starting price
Experience World-Class Salmon Fishing in Ketchikan, Alaska!
Join us on a thrilling salmon fishing charter in Ketchikan, Alaska, where you’ll have the opportunity to catch some of the largest and most delicious salmon in the world. Our knowledgeable guides will take you to the best fishing locations and ensure that you have an unforgettable experience on the water.
About this Private Fishing Charter
- During the peak of the fishing season, large schools of salmon migrate through the waters surrounding Ketchikan. This provides exceptional fishing in calm waters close to town with little travel time to the fishing grounds.
- An experienced guide will maximize your efforts and you’ll have your lines in the water before most people finish their first cup of coffee.
- We target salmon while trolling using downriggers. Generally, we run no more than four rods. When the bite is hot it’s hard to keep two lines in the water! This method allows us to cover the fishing grounds efficiently and locate salmon at various depths using different presentations.
- Bottled water and various snacks
- Delivery of your catch to the Fish Processor
- All required USCG approved safety gear
- Helly Hanson rain gear in adult sizes
- Enclosed cabin and porta potty with privacy curtain
- Please let me know if you have any special requests
Anyone 16 and older will need to purchase a one-day sport fishing license. If you’re salmon fishing June through August you will also need to purchase a King Stamp. You must purchase your license online at https://store.adfg.alaska.gov/.
Make sure your license is printed out and brought with you on the day of your charter.
We will have the fish processing forms onboard and will go over all of the details with you at the end of the trip. Your guide will facilitate the delivery of your catch to the processor at the end of the trip.
Our clients always want to know the cost on the processing and it’s hard to give exact amounts. The processing and fish box cost are reasonable, it’s the Fed Ex overnight shipping that’s the main cost.
For more information, check out our fish processing page here.